Karen L. Bulley
Direct Line: 845 942-3727 and 845 942-3728
Fax: 845 429-4964
Licenses are issued Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. - No appointment necessary.
The Town Clerk's office issues various permit and Licenses in the following areas.
Each applicant must bring two forms of ID
1) Original Birth Certificate (no Copies) WITH PARENTS NAMES ON BIRTH CERTIFICATE
2) One form of valid picture ID (Driver's License, Non-Driver's License, Passport or Military ID)
Any previously married person must provide a certified copy of divorce papers or death certificate for all previous marriages, whichever is applicable.
There is a 24 hour waiting period before a license can be used and the license is good for 60 days. If license is not used within the time period it will expire, and the license has to then be mailed or brought back to the Town Clerk's Office.
Any documents not in English must be translated into English by a Certified Translator
Death & Birth Certificate
If a person has died or was born at home in the Town of Haverstraw, a certificate should be on file in this office.
Copies can be obtained by the next of kin for $10.00 a copy along with a picture ID and proof of next of kin (ex: Birth Certificate and/or Death Certificate)
- Resident living in the Town of Haverstraw $35.00 per year
- Non-Resident $40.00 per year
- 5 consecutive days for $5.00
Landscaping and Snow Plowing Licenses
Carters Permit & License