Supervisor's Message -


Welcome to the Town of Haverstraw web site!

The Town Board and I hope that the information provided to you will assist you and inform you about Town Government and the services that we render and also discover the opportunities and amenities that the Town of Haverstraw offers to our residents.

Our website will keep you updated on the many recreational and cultural activities that have been scheduled.

I am proud to be the Supervisor of the Town of Haverstraw. Haverstraw is rich in its history, its culture and its people. It is a great place to live and learn. Our future is bright and there are many things happening in Haverstraw which include the County Waterfront Park, development of a town park in the unincorporated area, youth and senior activities and much more.

Please feel free to contact me at the Haverstraw Town Hall with any questions or comments you may have. 845-429-2200 or fax 845-429-4701.




Howard T. Phillips Jr.

Town of Haverstraw

Raquel Ventura

Town Clerk

Direct Line: 845 942-3727

Fax: 845 429-4964

The Town Clerk's Office will now be open until 7:00 pm on Town Board  meeting nights for your convenience.


Licenses are issued Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. -  Appointment necessary.


The Town Clerk's office issues various permit and Licenses in the following areas.


Marriage License


  • Fee $40.00. Cash, check or money order

  • Both parties must be over the age of 18 years

  • If any of the parties is under the age of 18 he/she must bring both parents

  • Both applicants must come in person to apply


Each applicant must bring two forms of ID


1) Original Birth Certificate (no Copies) WITH PARENTS NAMES ON BIRTH CERTIFICATE




2) One form of valid picture ID (Driver's License, Non-Driver's License, Passport or Military ID)



Any previously married person must provide a certified copy of divorce papers or death certificate for all previous marriages, whichever is applicable.


There is a 24 hour waiting period before a license can be used and the license is good for 60 days. If license is not used within the time period it will expire, and the license has to then be mailed or brought back to the Town Clerk's Office.



Any documents not in English must be translated into English by a Certified Translator


Death & Birth Certificate


If a person has died or was born at home in the Town of Haverstraw, a certificate should be on file in this office.

Copies can be obtained by the next of kin for $10.00 a copy along with a picture ID and proof of next of kin (ex: Birth Certificate and/or Death Certificate)


Dog Licenses


  • All dogs in the Town of Haverstraw over the age of 4 months old must be licensed

  • If the dog is spayed / neutered the fee is $5.00 (you must show proof)

  • If the dog is unspayed / unneutered the fee is $13.00

  • Proof of the rabies vaccination must be provided with expiration date

  • License must be renewed once a year

  • If dog license tag is lost you can apply for a replacement tag in the amount $3.00


Conservation Licenses


  • You must have the required hunter education courses certificate (not required for fishing)

  • You must provide a NYS drivers license or non driver ID

  • If you are under the age of 18, a parent must come with you

  • The fee varies depending on the type of license


Parking Permits


  • You can obtain a parking permit for the Mt-Ivy Park & Ride at 202 & Rt 45 at a fee of:

-          Resident living in the Town of Haverstraw $50.00 per year

-          Non-Resident $60.00 per year

-          5 consecutive days for $5.00


Landscaping and Snow Plowing Licenses


  • Application fee is $50.00 per license cash, check or money order accecpted

  • Form must be completely filled out along with all attached information requested


Carters Permit & License


  • Application fee is $50.00 and License fee is $100.00 per truck cash, check or money order accepted

  • Application must be completely filled out along with all attached information requested

  • After permit is received, it is then given to the Sanitation Commission for approval

  • If approved by the Sanitation Commission you will be notified


Certified Copies


  • Certified copies of vital records filed within the Town of Haverstraw can be obtained from the Town Clerk???s Office

  • Applications and Instructions can be found under the Application & Permit section of this website